exalt God, embrace one another, equip for service and extend the kingdom.
These 4 priorities are what drives us as a church. They were modeled by the life of Jesus and are derived from the two ‘GREAT’ statements given by Jesus: the Great Commandment and the Great Commission:
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” – Matt 22:37-40
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matt 28:18-20
From these two statements we see the following four priorities:
• Worship - Love the Lord your God
• Fellowship - Love your neighbor
• Evangelism - - Go into all the world
• Discipleship - Make disciples
These 4 priorities lead us to focus our ministry in four directions.
1. A commitment to EXALTING - reaching out to God through worship
2. A commitment to EMBRACING - reaching out to one another through small groups
3. A commitment to EQUIPPING - reaching out in ministry through training and discipleship
4. A commitment to EXTENDING - reaching out to the lost through missions and evangelism